Butter chicken recipe is a traditional south Indian recipe also known as murgh makhani recipe . Moti Mahal is the pioneer of this recipe. This recipe is one kind of chicken based recipe .
- 1kg fresh skinless chicken
- Lemon juice 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (red)
- 6 cloves
- 1? stick of cinnamon
- 8-10 peppercorns
- Tow bay leaves
- Cardamom seeds ¾
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Two chopped onions
- Garlic paste two table spoon
- Ginger paste 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ table spoon
- 500gm chopped tomatoes
- Chicken stock ½ litter
- Soft butter 3 tablespoon
- Salt as required
- Leaves of coriander
- In a large bowl add chicken, salt, juice, red chili powder. Marinate this mixture for about 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with the peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, almonds until this mixture comes darken .Then cool it and add the remaining cardamom seeds .Now bland coarse powder with a blander .
- Mix the yoghurt, with spice powder and mix them with chicken .Then give 1 hour more to marinate again.
- Heat oil in a fry pan with medium volume. Now add onions wait until this colors turns to brown .Then add your remaining garlic and ginger paste .fry again for 1 minute.
- Add chicken which is marinated before and fry it .Then add tomato paste, methi, chicken stock, and remaining yogurt mix.
- Cook this until the chicken comes tender.
- Melt the butter with low heat in another pan the pour it to the cooking chicken.
- Spread over the coriander leaves then serve this warm butter chicken recipe with naan roti.
So lets enjoy this butter chicken recipe at home .