Chicken lollipop recipe is based on the exotic flavours of Kashmiri Chillies, which are both having a strong, lovely color and a milder taste. This recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! Cook it to your friends and they will believe you spent hours to make it. This exquisite, holiday recipe is the best crowd-pleaser you will ever find!
How to make chicken lollipop recipe at home (slide)
- 12 chicken lollipop
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 pinch of salt, or as per taste
- ¼ tsp of white pepper powder
- ¼ tsp of sugar
- ¼ tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of red chili paste (preferably made out of fresh Kashmiri chillies, as they are milder)
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of refined flour
- 1 egg
- 10 tbsp of vegetable oil for deep fry
- 01. In a bowl, place the chicken drumsticks and add in the garlic paste. Spread the garlic paste thoroughly on every drumstick and then add the ginger paste. Repeat the mixing process and add a pinch of salt or as per taste.
- 02. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, then add the white pepper powder, a small pinch of sugar and few drops of soy sauce. It is recommended not to add too much soy sauce, as the stronger taste should be given by the Kashmiri chillies.
- 03. Add in the Kashmiri chillies paste and give it a long stir, in order to ensure every drumstick is covered with an even quantity of everything. At this point, it is recommended to have a taste of the marinade. The Kashmiri flavours should slightly overwhelm the other spices, but not the salt. If you cannot taste the salt, it is indicated to add a little more, because the cornstarch and the rest of the ingredients will cover it up and affect the texture and taste.
- 04. After you ensured the drumstick are evenly covered in marinade. Cover the bowl with a plastic film and place it in the fridge. Leave the chicken to marinade for at least 1 hour, few hours and even overnight would be perfect.
- 05. Take the marinade bowl out from the fridge and add in the cornstarch. Give it a thorough stir, then add in the refined flour and repeat the process.
- 06. In a separate bowl, break an egg and beat it thoroughly, then add it over the marinade and give it another good stir.
- 07. Place a deep pan over medium heat, then add the vegetable oil for deep fry. When it starts sizzling, add the drumsticks, one by one, making sure every time that each piece is perfectly coated.
- 08. Cook for about 15 minutes, then place them on paper towel until the fat is absorbed.
Chicken lollipop recipe YouTube ( Video )