Dum aloo recipe is a potato based recipe popular all over India for its extra delicious taste . The origin of the potato based recipe is Kashmir but now the popularity of this recipe all over the India .
- Small potatoes 20-22
- Vegetable oil
- Two tablespoon mustard oil
- Cumin seeds one teaspoon
- Two large onion chopped
- Three large onion chopped
- 1/2 table spoon chili powder (red)
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala ½ table spoon
- Chopped coriander leaves one table spoon
- Sliced ginger
- Wash all small potatoes then peel with a knife. In a large bowl sink those potatoes with salted water for minimum 20 minutes .
- Take sufficient oil in a large pan and then deeply fry those potatoes until their colors turns into brown . Then drain and keep those potatoes aside to keep cool .
- Again heat mustered oil with high heat then add cumin seeds also add asafetida and cook for a minutes until cumin seeds color changed .
- Then add onion sauté for four or five minutes .again add garlic paste and ginger paste then add saute for two minutes .stir with mixing some water add remaining tomatoes cook for 2 minutes and wait until tomatoes comes pulpy .Mix chili powder ,coriander powder turmeric powder, water and cumin powder continuously stir this mixture .
- Now add fried potatoes which is cooked before then stir again for 2 minutes . Add coriander leave and garam masala and again cook for five minute .
- Now your Dum Aloo recipe is ready to serve .
So lets cook Dum Aloo Recipe at home .