Egg Curry is a hearty, delicious recipe that will amaze both your family and friends. Easy to prepare and cook, this recipe is the perfect choice for vegetarians or all healthy food lovers. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients, this Egg curry is a veritable source of health and energy, while using rather cheap ingredients and an uncomplicated method.
Notes of coriander and turmeric are bringing a spinach puree back to life, jazzed up with tomatoes and fresh cream and topped with delicate fragrances of cumin and ginger. This dish is to die for!
How to make egg curry recipe at home (Slide )
- 4 eggs, boiled hard
- 2 bunches of spinach leaves, blanched and pureed
- 3 medium tomatoes, pureed
- ¼ cup of fresh cream
- ½ tsp of red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- 1 pinch of salt or as per taste
- 2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 tbsp of garlic paste
- 4 medium onions, blended to a smooth paste
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 01. Place a pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is heated, add in the garlic paste and the ginger paste. Give it a good stir and cook the mixture until the ginger paste and garlic paste fragrance disappears, then add the onion paste and cook the mixture until golden brown.
- 02. Add in the tomato puree and let it simmer for a while, until the oil separates from the mixture.
- 03. After the water has evaporated, add the spinach puree and give it a good stir. Cook the mixture for about 5 to 6 minutes or as needed.
- 04. Add in the masalas: the red chilli powder, coriander and turmeric powder, cumin powder, then salt as per taste. Give the mixture a strong stir so all the spices will be evenly spread within the curry. Cook it for another 2 or 3 minutes, while not forgetting to occasionally give it a stir, as it has the tendency to stick to the pan.
- 05. Meanwhile, slice the eggs lenghtwise and set them aside.
- 06. Give the curry another stir, then add the fresh cream and give it another vigorous stir.
- 07. Gently place the egg halves in the pan, over the curry and bring the mixture to a boil.
Serve this fragrant dish with fried or steamed rice, roti or chapati.
Egg Curry Recipe YouTube video