Chicken Tikka Masala is a delicious, rewarding meal that will enchant all your guests and will make a real treat for all your family members. A balanced blend of flavours like coriander, ginger and garam masala will awake your senses and offer you one of the best culinary experience of your life. This dish goes perfectly with naans, rice, or even fried rice as long as it is served very hot.
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Ingredients:
700 g of cubed chicken
250 ml of plain yogurt
the juice of lemon
1 tbsp of chopped coriander
4 tsp of garlic paste and ginger paste
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt or as per taste
½ tsp of turmeric
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 sliced onion
2 ½ cm of ginger, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tsp of garam masala
1 tsp of turmeric powder
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
4 tbsp of fresh cream
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Directions:
01.Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, chopped coriander, ginger and garlic paste, chilli powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir well to coat the parts evenly. Set the chicken in the fridge to marinate for at least one hour, overnight would be the best.
02. Place the chicken parts on skewers and cover them with the marinade sauce. Place them under a hot grill, while not forgetting to turn the skewers every few minutes and baste with the remaining marinade.
03. Keep cooking the chicken for 15 or 20 minutes and remove it from the skewers as soon as it is cooked.
04: For the masala gravy, place the pan over high heat and add the ghee (or the vegetable oil). When the ghee is hot, add the onions and fry them for 5 minutes or until they turn golden. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
05. Add the garam masala, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir for 30 seconds, then add in the tomatoes and the tomato paste.
06. Add the brown sugar and stir vigorously, put a lid on and let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes.
07. Turn off the heat and let the masala cool down, then place it in a food processor or blender until it becomes a smooth paste.
08. In a pan over low heat, mix in the cream, then add the chicken tikka parts.
09. Bring slowly to a boil and serve.