Shahi paneer could be a preparation of paneer in very thick gravy created by cream, spices and tomatoes. It’s a mainstay of Indian cuisine (mainly North India). It’s in the main devoured with alternative Indian breads or Roti, Chappati . Paneer is that the Indian word for cheese and Shahi is that the Indo-Persian term for royal. Here is step buy step guideline on how to make shahi paneer recipe at home with a recipe video .
- 250 gms paneer sliced in cubes
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion blended
- Clarified butter three table spoon
- Chopped ginger chopped (one )
- One large green chili
- Cardamoms two (crushed )
- One bay leaf
- Beaten curd half cup
- 30 gms melon seeds
- One table spoon salt
- 2 tblsp cashew nut paste
- Cumin powder half table spoon
- Chili powder (red) half table spoon
- Garam masala ¾ table spoon
- Sauce of tomato 2 table spoon
- One cup milk
- Coriander leave chopped one table spoon
- Soak the melon seeds for minimum two hours then blend those with a blender and make smooth melon seeds paste
- In a pan heat two table spoon of ghee add onion ,ginger ,brown cardamoms and green chili .cook until onions comes as pulpy .Then after maxing tomatoes cover this pan for next 7 to 8 minutes .
- After 7 to 8 minutes cooking, add melon seeds paste which is prepared before. Add cashew nut and curd now cook again for 3-4 minutes then remove pan from fire.
- Let give it some time to become cool .After cooling this put it in a blender with half cup of water then blend well this mixture.
- Now take a pan and pour 1 table spoon of ghee. Heat this ghee with a low heat, add purred paste to this pan then again heat for 10 minutes with low heat until oil separates.
- Add rest of other ingredients such as salt, cumin powder, red chili, tomato sauce and garam masala .Add water as your requirement to make thick gravy .
- Add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and tomato sauce. Add enough water so that there can be thick gravy.
- Before removing from fire .Cook again for 5 to 7 minutes. After adding 1 cup of milk .
- While serving this add paneer pices .
- Garnish with coriander leaves to give a delicious look .
- Serve well garnished and delicious hot Shahi paneer recipe .
So lets cook Shahi paneer recipe at home